Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A new day...

Today is the start of a new chapter... Bill officially is part of Garrison today. He will find out what he job will be later today. Yesterday was bittersweet. We said goodbye to some amazing soldiers and families. While at the same time it is the start of something new and in preparation for retirement.
I have been thinking alot lately about friends. Those I thought would always be friends, those I really thought were like family have all but seem to have forgotten us. I know lives get busy, I know life goes on. But there have been times here where I have reached out for help to them and been left with nothing. The pain that caused was unexplainable. I guess if you have never moved away from friends and family you wouldn't understand what it feels like to feel forgotten. Those who have shown themselves to be true friends...those who take time, put aside their own issues to just listen have been life savers these last 10 months. I really think that even going "home" we will be starting over. At least we will be "starting over" in our home, in a familiar location and with those who have chosen to keep us in their lives. I have learned alot about friendship the last few months and I thank God for the lesson. It is true that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime... Asking God from now on to show me the difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment