Tuesday, February 28, 2012

God is in the lead...

I found some past posts from before we moved here yesterday... God had clearly told me that he was going before us and everything would be ok. Somewhere along the way, I lost sight of this. I have felt like I was going through this journey, they darkness all alone. Even though I feel like I am in the winter season (spiritually), in the cold and dark... I found this online, " These are times when we will not feel like very good Christians. We won't be sharing the gospel. We might not even feel like the gospel has any personal meaning. Church won't have much appeal and you probably won't be reading your Bible during a spiritual winter." This is where I am right now. " A "spiritual winter" is a time when you faith is challenged. External and internal factors make you re-evaluate what you believe about God and who God is." This winter is a time of growth, the roots of the tree grow deeper and stronger during winter. When we think everything is "sleeping" and nothing is happening, so much is happening beneath the surface. Even though I don't feel like a very good Christian right now and have not been doing all the "things" good Christians do, I have been crying out to God in my heart... crying out in pain, in desperation, and without me even knowing, anticipation. Although winter seems like it will never end (especially here in Germany), spring will eventually come again. Spring is new life, spring is renewal, spring is awakening, spring is light and warmth, new growth... I am going through winter, but I know spring is on the horizon! To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment